About Greenwood Township
Greenwood Township, which is located near the heart of McHenry County, has maintained a steady population of about 14,100 people.
• Greenwood Township consists of 35.3 square miles with 400.3 people per square mile..
• 5240 housing units, 83% are occupied by owner, 2% are vacant.
• Greenwood Elementary School has 270 students, and compared with the district and state, the students overall have better math and reading skills.
• Serious financial hardship is less common in Greenwood than it is nationwide. The local poverty rate stands at 3.60%, while the national poverty rate is 14.1%. Across the state as a whole, 13.1% of the population lives below the poverty line.
• Average commute time is 32 minutes. The national average is 28 minutes. 84% of residents living in Greenwood Township travel alone by car to their job.