Lisa Maire, 815-648-4653
The township supervisor guides the day by day operations of the township, and is responsible for deciding issues of public safety, spending, growth management, zoning, roads and streets, code enforcement, environment and how to pay for it all.
The township supervisor is always available to the residents through email, a phone call, and at public meetings.
Office Hours: Tuesdays & Thursdays
About Greenwood Township
Greenwood Township, which is located near the heart of McHenry County, has maintained a steady population of about 14,100 people.
• Greenwood Township consists of 35.3 square miles with 400.3 people per square mile..
• 5240 housing units, 83% are occupied by owner, 2% are vacant.
• Greenwood Elementary School has 270 students, and compared with the district and state, the students overall have better math and reading skills.
• Serious financial hardship is less common in Greenwood than it is nationwide. The local poverty rate stands at 3.60%, while the national poverty rate is 14.1%. Across the state as a whole, 13.1% of the population lives below the poverty line.
• Average commute time is 32 minutes. The national average is 28 minutes. 84% of residents living in Greenwood Township travel alone by car to their job.